I've recently started warming up with a simple repeat routine. Not even a whole sun salutation. Just downward facing dog to crescent lunge and back. All in two breaths. I repeat that left and right for a whole song that has the right tempo for me at the time. Lately it's been this track.
I occasionally teach this in my morning and lunchtime yoga classes and it always gets the heart rates up. Without fail. Another thing also happens. Repeating a simple routine synced with breath (vinyasa) naturally induces a meditative kind of state. Foundation and posture become increasingly steadier and more stable. Breathing and movement smoother. Mind more focused.
1. "Chord Left" - Agnes Obel
2. "Prince Johnny" - St. Vincent
3. "We Found Love (acoustic)" - Tyler Ward feat. Jess Moskalule
4. "Down The Burning Ropes" - James Vincent McMorrow
5. "Late At Night" - Simon Says
6. "Bloodbuzz Ohio" - The National
7. "Four To The Floor" - Starsailor
8. "Broken Promise Land" - Claire
9. "Wild Horses" - The Rolling Stones
10. "Dancing Barefoot" - Patti Smith
11. "Soldier" - Resonators
12. "Strange" - Adana Twins
13. "It's Alright I Feel It" - Nuyorican Soul
14. "Stolen Dance" - Milky Chance